⚠️ Warning: This is a draft ⚠️
This means it might contain formatting issues, incorrect code, conceptual problems, or other severe issues.
If you want to help to improve and eventually enable this page, please fork RosettaGit's repository and open a merge request on GitHub.
Programs that support [[locale]] regionalizing technology use configuration or environment variables to determine the conventions to use for date and time formatting, character display, currency display and character encoding selection.
Typical locale related settings include:
- [LANG] - Determines the default locale in the absence of other locale related environment variables
- [LC_ALL] - High precedence override for locale specific behaviour
- [LC_COLLATE] - Collation order
- [LC_CTYPE] - Character classification and case conversion
- [LC_MONETARY] - Monetary formatting
- [LC_MESSAGES] - Format of interactive words and responses
- [LC_NUMERIC] - Numeric formatting
- [LC_RESPONSE] - Determines how responses (such as Yes and No) appear in the local language
- [LC_TIME] - Date and time formats