⚠️ Warning: This is a draft ⚠️
This means it might contain formatting issues, incorrect code, conceptual problems, or other severe issues.
If you want to help to improve and eventually enable this page, please fork RosettaGit's repository and open a merge request on GitHub.
[[Category:Operating Systems]] '''Windows NT''' is the current line of [[Windows]] operating systems developed by [[Microsoft]]. This includes:
- [[wp:Windows NT 3.1|Windows NT 3.1]] through [[wp:Windows NT 4.0|4.0]]
- [[wp:Windows 2000|Windows 2000]] (NT 5.0)
- [[wp:Windows XP|Windows XP]] (NT 5.1) and [[wp:Windows Server 2003|Windows Server 2003]] (NT 5.2)
- [[wp:Windows Vista|Windows Vista]] and [[wp:Windows Server 2008|Windows Server 2008]] (NT 6.0)
- [[wp:Windows 7|Windows 7]] and [[wp:Windows Server 2008 R2|Windows Server 2008 R2]] (NT 6.1)
- [[wp:Windows 8|Windows 8]] and [[wp:Windows Server 2012|Windows Server 2012]] (NT 6.2)
- [[wp:Windows 8#Windows_8.1|Windows 8.1]] and [[wp:Windows Server 2012 R2|Windows Server 2012 R2]] (NT 6.3)
- [[wp:Windows 10|Windows 10]] and [[wp:Windows Server 2016|Windows Server 2016]] (the current version)
...and most likely future versions of Windows as well.
Windows NT does ''not'' include [[wp:Windows 9x|Windows 9x/Me]] or [[wp:Windows 3.x|Windows 3.x]] or older, none of which were actual [[:Category:Operating Systems|operating systems]], but rather [[GUI|graphical shells]] that ran on top of [[DOS]]. (Windows NT was developed from the original [[OS/2]] codebase after Microsoft and IBM parted ways.)
'''[[wp:ReactOS|ReactOS]]''' is an open-source implementation of Windows NT, specifically aimed at binary compatibility with [[wp:Windows Server 2003|Windows Server 2003]] (NT 5.2). It is not a Microsoft product, and isn't included in any official list of Windows versions. It also isn't ready for public use, having been in alpha status for several years.
For more information, including a more inclusive list of NT versions, see [[wp:Windows NT|Wikipedia's Windows NT entry]].