= Battlestar =
A different take on assembly, with the goal of creating tiny executables.
== Battlestar is ==
- A work in progress.
- Created for fun and for the educational process.
- A programming language specifically for 64-bit x86 Linux, 32-bit x86 Linux, 32-bit x86 OS X and 16-bit x86 DOS.
- Subset of assembly with different syntax and support for inline C.
- The indended purpose is for writing 4k and 64k demoscene demos.
== Features ==
- The resulting executables are tiny!
- "hello world" is only 129 bytes on 32-bit Linux (when using sstrip from elfkickers).
- It's possible to write an operating system with only one source file.
- Full support for inline C (by utilizing an external compiler like gcc or tcc).
- C and Battlestar code can exist in the same source file and calls can be made both ways.
- Battlestar programs compile almost instantly.
- Programs can be run like scripts by including this line at the top: #!/usr/bin/bts
- Interrupts can be called with the same syntax for both 32-bit and 64-bit x86 on Linux.
- Also supports 16-bit x86 with DosBox.
- The intermediate assembly is fully commented.
== Project page ==