⚠️ Warning: This is a draft ⚠️
This means it might contain formatting issues, incorrect code, conceptual problems, or other severe issues.
If you want to help to improve and eventually enable this page, please fork RosettaGit's repository and open a merge request on GitHub.
- Not currently installed
- Configurable on a user-by-user basis
- Site-wide - scripts apply to all pages
- Scripts have to check the page they're on to make sure they should apply
- Already installed
- Not configurable on a user-by-user basis - they're either enabled site-wide or disabled entirely
- Is page- or template-specific - for example, we can add the Language Comparison script to only the task pages
- Scripts would not have to detect if they're on the correct type of page to activate themselves
--[[User:Tyrok1|Tyrok1]] 01:04, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
AFAIK, Gadgets requires me to bestow Sysop-level access to the wiki. Considering that the Gadgets extension doesn't suppport per-user configuration, I can understand why it would require a high level of access. I expect the requirement comes from the individual gadgets being contained in the MediaWiki namespace. However, it ''should'' alow me to at least move those privs to an explicit privelage group, and use a different namespace. The more work has to be done at Sysop level, the less inclined I am to use it. --[[User:Short Circuit|Michael Mol]] 03:07, 28 November 2010 (UTC)