RosettaGit isn't the only project which aims to document tasks in multiple languages. Other projects do exist. Here's a list. Feel free to update and add to it.
- Algorithm implementation Wikibooks
- The Archive of Interesting Code
- Beyond Hello World including the CookBook
- CategoryInManyProgrammingLanguages on the original wiki
- CodeCodex - most similar site to RC when RC went live
- Code golf in 104 languages
- Learn X in Y minutes Take a whirlwind tour of your next favorite language.
- Informatyka Wroc Computer Science Wrocław - Algorithms explanations and computer science related articles (Polish language)
- le Site du Zero - Algorithmes divers multi-langage (French language)
- PHP2Python - specifically for PHP-to-Python comparison for all PHP library functions
- specifically for PHP-to-Perl comparison for all PHP library functions (text in Japanese)
- PLEAC - Programming Language Examples Alike Cookbook
- Progopedia - Encyclopedia of Programming Languages (Russian version)
- Project Euler - Learn programming by solving problems with increased difficulty. After solving a problem the solution can be shared and discussed with others.
- Programming Language Comparison
- The Computer Language Benchmarks Game
- Rosetta Code
- Scriptometer: measuring the ease of SOP (Script Oriented Programming) of programming languages - includes code examples for common scripting tasks
- Syntax Across
- compares basic instructions, not tasks
- Wikipedia:Comparison of programming languages
- Fibonacci Sequence
- Is a Cow an Animal?
- OO Shape Examples
- Spelling Corrector
- The Hello World Collection
- Wikibooks: List of Hello World programs
- doukaku — Communication with subprocesses in Haskell, Python and Ruby
- rosetta-cow — cowsay in different programming languages
- 99 Bottles of Beer
- Consumers Guide to Programming Languages
- Esolangs Wiki
- Evolution of a Programmer
- Shooting Yourself in the Foot (PDF) or How to Determine Which Programming Language You're Using
- You have two cows
These sites were online at one point, but have since vanished with no forwarding address. If you know of online, existing archived copies, please link to them. Also, Rosetta Code may be interested in hosting static copies of such sites where they're at risk of disappearing. Having such content disappear is counter to the goals of this site.
If a site is listed in this section, but is actually still live, please move it back to the live section.
- AlgPedia - The free algorithms encyclopedia
- AlgoWiki: The Programmer's Compendium — Site is currently down. Most recent version at the Wayback Machine is from April 24, 2012.
- Common Programming Language Features
- C#, C++, and Ruby
- eqcode, the equivalent code wiki
- Literate Programs — domain for sale
- Mathematica, Maple, Matlab, IDL — Page doesn't exist any more at amath.colorado.edu. Most recent version at the Wayback Machine is from November 29, 2011.
- Planet Source Code
- Refactory.org — Site is currently down. Most recent version at the Wayback Machine is from October 27, 2011.
- SICP in other languages — There is no wiki at codepoetics.com any more. Most recent version at the Wayback Machine is from July 4, 2010.
- SICP Wiki — Site is currently down. Most recent version at the Wayback Machine is from July 25, 2013.
- ROT13 — Page is currently down. Most recent version at the Wayback Machine is from June 15, 2013.
- Windows Phone 7 Mapping - mapping to Windows Phone 7 API, from the APIs of iPhone, Android, and Qt
- Numerical Recipes Books On-Line, statistical programs in Fortran and C, dead-tree books now available as free e-Books
- [http://www.dawnofthegeeks.com/software_rendering/index.php? Real-Time Software Rendering]
- TPK algorithm in several languages
- Infinite loops and recursions